(AP Photo 10-14-08)
OMG if you want to read the funniest, meanest Sarah Palin bashing ever, forget the Americablogs and the Koses and the Daily Dishes, y'all, and head on over to, believe it or not, World Net Daily and marvel at the venomous Olivia St. John's merciless scorn:
Palin's history over the past 17 years tells another story. Three years after the birth of the first of her five children, she entered the rough-and-tumble world of Alaska (and eventually national) politics and has never looked back.
Has America become so emasculated that our only hope of getting another Ronald Reagan into the Oval Office is to idolize Palin as a political Madonna? Hardly.
Do we have no men who can match her intelligence, charisma and leadership skills? To the contrary, we have better.
Have conservatives become so desperate for a passionate leader that they forsake their most basic values of home and hearth? Yes, but it's more than that.
Sarah Palin represents the empirical self of millions of women working outside the home. They live vicariously through her supposed success. Seeing such a woman extolled gives credibility to their frantic lifestyle juggling job, children, husband, church, and housework.
It has been said that part of Palin's appeal is that her family is like so many other families. She is today's American woman, who works outside the home and does it all. Whose daughters get pregnant out-of-wedlock. Whose husbands wear the aprons.
Have we gone insane? Is this something to celebrate?
YES, PLEASE. Sarah Palin is indeed something to celebrate. She is pure poison, spreading inanity like a virus, tainting everything she touches with ridiculousness, and I will always love her for that.
Speaking of which, I recently enjoyed taking a stroll down Palin Memory Lane (see photo, above), and was struck again by the ferocity of her banality. Everything about her is always so obvious, I was hardly surprised to see that that all my observations of her over the last ten months have held up. Here are some of my favorite revealing older Palin posts:
- 06-09-09: Uncooperative Sarah is unable to attend a simple fundraiser without causing problems for everybody involved, resulting in much animosity.
- 12-10-08: Media-starved Sarah has open house for the press to discuss her disdain for politics and the press and then is photographed with her kids by an AP photographer right after complaining about the invasive press. Phew! See? This is what happens when Sarah is around. She's like a magical banality vortex.
- 11-13-08: Inept Sarah is unable to attend a simple meeting of the Republican Governors Association without causing problems for everybody involved, resulting in much animosity.
- 11-12-08: My take on post-election Sarah: "Sarah Palin remains utterly, completely self-obsessed, and she will never, ever admit that she did anything wrong or even that she could have done anything better. Never once was there a moment of self examination apparent in these TV appearances, neither a whiff of regret for a stumble nor an acknowledgment that, you know, maybe she should brush up on a thing or two so as not to look like an overreaching cheerleader trying out for the debate squad. This magical combination of personality flaws guarantees that Sarah will continue to be entertaining for years to come."
- 11-10-08: Picture of unhappy, uninterested Sarah sitting at a table with non-glamorous Alaskan politicians inspires this advice: "Girl, you have GOT to get out of that den of balding bores."
- 11-08-09: More-trouble-than-she's-worth Palin's return to Alaska is celebrated by her staff's purchase of one (1) flower and a bunch of balloons which aren't even filled with helium.