The good news for Gay Aaron Schock™ is that he's gotten plenty of attention since making several queeny and fussy appearances at the GOP convention, appearances in which he enthused over Paul Ryan's abs and... other gay stuff. I mean guy stuff! Sorry about that.
Remember when I told you about Gay Aaron Schock's™ Google problem, a problem which I'm a bit embarrassed to say I had no small part in creating? To paraphrase Dan Savage, it didn't get better. As of this writing, my ridiculous yet true "everyone knows he's def gay" post is by far the most visited page on this blog, and Wonkette's reblogging of it is the top referring page, sating the curiosity of Gaydar Schock sufferers nationwide. Basically, since the convention, this website has been more or less a constant Gay Aaron Schock™ Pride Parade. Elsewhere on the web recently... well, see for yourself:
- The Washington Times, of all things, just published a long, very critical piece on Schock, in which they invited the Club for Growth to comment on his supposed liberalness. What's hilarious is that they don't mention the Gay Aaron Schock™ gay rumors outright, but instead ever-so-slyly refer to his penchant for pink clothing, link to a Gawker lolgay piece, and, yes, show the infamous teal belt photo. Subtle! The whole thing is a glorious masterpiece of dog-whistle gay-baiting.
- Chicagoist just rehashes Gay Aaron Schock™ rumors, pointlessly, and keeps the dream alive!
- Queerty does the same thing, but with flair: "Normally we’d say it’s offensive to assume anything about a man’s sexuality by the color of his belt. But Schock supports DOMA and opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell—given how many anti-gay Republicans turn out to be closet cases, we’d have to say it’s a reasonable line of questioning." Most tantalizing is the following comment: "Aaron Schock IS gay. A friend of mine who used to be very active with the Boston Log Cabin Republicans told me he used to use the DC chapter of LCR as a personal dating pool, using various excuses such as “fundraisers” and “rallies” to get to know the guys. This was before all the gay rumors, when he was under the radar and hadn’t “come out” on the scene with his photo spreads and pink shirts."
- The Austin Chronicle's hairdresser blog reminds us, because I guess somebody has to, that Schock denies that "he's a disco-dancing, Oscar Wilde-reading, Streisand ticket-holding friend of Dorothy."
- Chicagonow.com, unforgivably, refers to Gay Aaron Schock™ as Hottie McHotterson. Oops, I vomited.
Annnnd it just goes on from there, over and over, world without end. It is fucking hilarious.