Thursday, January 05, 2006

Oklahoma Preacher Just Wants to "Minister" to Cops



Poor Lonnie Latham. The head (LOL) of Oklahoma's South Tulsa Baptist Church (pictured above) was hanging around the gay hustler pickup spot, simply ready to jump in and minister to any nearby cops. Then, through some kinda zany misunderstanding, he got thrown in jail on lewdness charges. There must be some mistake:
Latham, who has spoken out against homosexuality, asked the officer to join him in his hotel room for oral sex. Latham was arrested and his 2005 Mercedes automobile was impounded...
When he left jail, he said:

"I was set up. I was in the area pastoring to police."
Indeed! I'm sure this will be cleared up soon, and Latham can get back to his important work fighting the looming evil of gay marriage.

EDIT: Damn these right-wingers and their deceptive photo stylists! Just like with Abramoff yesterday, my fantasies are crushed by the discovery of additional pictures. Here's the mugshot:



UPDATE: My post about Abramoff's clothing is a top story on Pajamas Media. I'm... um... so totally honored!

5 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

What a great idea, ministering to cops! I think I may visit a local strip joint and try to blend in by getting lap dances while I wait for my flock to come in.

Neil Shakespeare said...

Um...any word whether he ended up having enough time to...um...'pastor' that policeman?

Anonymous said...

If you look at the staff photos at Latham's church, there is some weirdly "creative"("psychotic"?) cropping of the head shots. Everyone's face is smooshed over against the edge.

Peteykins said...

Yes, I noticed that, too! Isn't that strange?

Peteykins said...

Not that many hits... pajama ain't no Wonkette, that's for sure.

This is the conservative blog agragate which was supposed to take the internet by storm? Oops.