Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Perhaps Newt's Obsession With The Moon Explains Callista's Hairdo?

Figure 1:

(AP Photo, 01-24-12)

Figure 2:


I've already written about how easy it is to mix up Callista and Callisto, Jupiter's fourth Galilean moon, but perhaps the resemblance between her hairdo and a spherical orb is intentional? Because Newt is really, really into the moon. It could explain the spherical nature of his own coiffure, come to think about it. He's just so INTO it! Maybe even the similarity of Callista's name to that of a moon's attracted him to her in the first place! Oh, I could go on and on.

There are other theories, of course. My favorite one (thanks for the tip, Pony Pal™ Todd!) is that eventually Callista will move, mollusk-like, to a bigger shell.

6 comments:

carol said...

I've wondered...his hair is awfully thick. Is it a rug, or maybe hair transplants? I know Newtie is the biggest fake and phony on the planet, but that doesn't necessarily mean his hair is 'enhanced', does it?

Matthew Hubbard said...

I thought I saw a hair out of place on the upper left of the corona effect at the top of Callista's sphere, but after further review, I think it's the outline of someone's head in the crowd.

I almost lost the pool that no one else has officially entered by picking the date "never" for the first time we would see a hairdo flaw.

And as if I have to mention it, the second picture is frickin' HIGH-larious.

Christopher said...

Greek root of Callista is "most beautiful" or "most fair". She's fairest of them all.

HRH King Friday XIII, Ret. said...

I know the word "ROFLMAO" is tossed around lightly these days, but I am literally ROMLMAOing right now. Such a heavenly image.

The Cat's Meow said...

Definitely the outline of someone's head in the crowd. How could it be otherwise?

samael7 said...

Wait, Jan Brewer scolded Obama with a wagging finger? Really?!? I think saw some little RSS blurb about a dust-up, but I didn't realize it was all up-close-and-personal!

Now I need to go and find out what Ms Blank, er, Brewer had to say!