Thursday, March 24, 2011

How Closely Does Callista Gingrich's Hairdo Conform To A Spherical Shape?

That's a reasonable question, and one I'm happy to answer! When I saw Callista on the Mall the other day, I was struck by the hairdo's utter, perfect roundness; I thought I had entered the orbit of a fabulous new celestial object. Let's take a more scientific approach using recent photographs from Gingrich Productions:

("All photos copyright © Callista Gingrich, Gingrich Productions, unless otherwise noted.")

As you can see from the above 3/4 "lost profile" view, the mighty hair helmet does, indeed, appear to be impressively orb-like. Time for the overlay to check:


Impressive! Let's look at a front view:


And with the overlay:


I'd say that's about as perfectly spherical as "human" hair can get. Well done, Callista!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that next to Newt, without the incredibly spherical hair? The next Mrs. Gingrich?

Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago I was stopped at a light in McLean and saw Newt being driven in a BMW by what appeared to be a space alien wearing a helmet. Only later did I realize that it was Callista.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Poor thing. Married to Newt AND having the worst hairdresser in DC.

Partick said...

I think it may be time to institute a hairdo warning system for Calista.

samael7 said...

Even before I read the above comment about space helmets, this occurred to me.

Further consideration: this.

Peteykins said...

Haw, Samael.

Karen: I'm assuming that's a typo and you meant the BEST hairdresser in DC.

HRH King Friday XIII, Ret. said...

That's some fair and balanced hair right there.

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud.

How does a person get their hair to do that, BTW?

Petey - I'm so please that, with Condi gone, there is another hairdo-focus person for you. This should last at least through the Iowa primary season.

Suse said...

All brilliant, all funny: thanks for the smiles

Major Mel Funkshun said...

It's almost got it's own CHINSTRAP!!

Lulu, the Dewey Dame said...

I expect Callista's head to detach from her body and drift with the breezes across new spring lawns.

So grateful for her entrance into the Pink Pony sphere.