Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quickie: Vanity Fair Discovers Photoshop, Fails To Find Color Adjustment Features

There is something inherently humorous about Vanity Fair's Republican Beefcake Calendar, a fake "hunk of the month" type deal featuring such horrors as John Boehner in a Speedo. My only problem is that the Photoshopping is really, REALLY bad! None of them look as convincing as, for instance, my Dirty Pictures of Dick Cheney™, and I'm hardly a master of the art of the head-swap. I have to assume that Vanity Fair can afford to hire a better Photoshopper, so who is to blame for this embarrassment? An intern? Or did they do it badly on purpose?

3 comments:

Civic Center said...

It's got to be intentional because they have some great photo retouchers in the magazine. Or is that just the advertisers? It's certainly a good question you're asking, though. Is it less offensive if it's obviously a lampoon rather than being seamless Photoshop compositions like the models in all the surrounding ads?

I saw the original "Stepford Wives" in a movie theater when it came out and wasn't much impressed, but saw it on television a few years later surrounded by girlie television commercials that looked just like the film, and I finally realized what a subversive masterpiece the thing was. The Republican Beefcake Calendar people had an opportunity to do the same thing, but didn't. Too bad.

Aunt Snow said...

I gotta admit, the Michael Steele photo is hilarious.

samael7 said...

I looked at the first couple of pictures and couldn't look at any more.

"I lost 10 lbs this way, and I feel great!"