Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Condi To Get Special Piano Prize

PSP flashback to 07-27-06, Reuters Photo.

Any news is good news on the Condi front. I must say, I'm surprised she's avoided the spotlight to the extent she has since leaving Washington. So anyway, since I can't find anything else to post about at the moment, here's your Condi piano news:

Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who started college with a goal of becoming a concert pianist, will return to to the Coachella Valley in February to receive the Virginia Waring International Piano Competition's Lifetime Achievement Award.

She'll be presented the award at the Virginia Waring International Piano Competition's Black and White Gala on Feb. 20, 2011, at the Rancho Las Palmas Resort in Rancho Mirage.

Is that enough warning for you? You have only eight months to prepare! Save the date!

10 comments:

Diane Griffin said...

Wow, her talent for being boring in her public life has translated excellently into her private life.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I wasn't a regular when this picture was first posted. It's nearly as terrifying as that picture where her face is distorted by fish eye camera lens.

samael7 said...

The fish-eye one is by far the most disturbing, and it really captured something of l'essence Condi.

This one just has the unfortunate side effect of making her look like a burn victim.

desertwind said...

Oooh. Only an hour away from me!

Do I dare crashing this illustrious event?

Karen Zipdrive said...

I'm not sure how her piano playing ranks, but if she can play Chopsticks all the way through without mistakes, then she's better at piano than she was as a skeevy politician's bitch.

Stacy said...

Condi is at Coachella?!? Secret hipster!

Sharkbabe said...

That acid-washed distressed denim pianny goes great with Condi's camo gams!

Lulu Maude said...

I hope her award comes in the form of a sticker affixed to whatever little piece of Chopin she trots out for her fans.

I took piano lessons, and whenever I played a piece well, Mrs. Des Larzes would pop an ol' sticker on the page. If I was semi crappy I got a red star, somewhat respectable but flawed, I got a blue star.

These arts matrons could learn something from Mrs. Des Larzes, and save a buck or two in the process.

Lulu Maude said...

p.s. Are those her piano leggings? My nephew plays those huge pipe organs and has special organ shoes (pumps?) for the foot keys. So do these leggings... um... what would they do? make a fashion statement? Provide a nonstick surface that serves as a protectant to the gates of paradise? What?

Though time passes, and names and faces before us are new, no one can excite us like Condoleeeezzzzzz-ah.

Anonymous said...

Why did no one tell me that my bra strap was showing - no wonder I could not hit the keys at the top range!