Friday, January 16, 2009

BUSH and THE SHOE Become ONE


Indian Muslims display a giant-sized caricature of President George W. Bush and posters of Iraqi journalist Mutadhar Al-Zaidi, who threw his shoes at Bush, as they shout slogans during a protest against Israel's assaults on Gaza, in Hyderabad, India, Friday, Jan. 16, 2009. (AP Photo/Mahesh Kumar A)


Every time I think I'm totally over the Middle Eastern Shoe Art Renaissance, I get dragged back in by a new masterpiece. This drawing is superb, a unique combination of caricature and fine representational drawing. So ingenious using the laces for ears!

Oh, the whole entire world is going to miss Bush so much.

4 comments:

Diane Griffin said...

That is really brilliant! Love it! As to your comment that the world is gonna miss Chimpy... Not so sure I agree. I guess we'll miss him the way you would miss a 90 pound mole they removed from your a*s (did you see what I did there? You make a Godfather ref, I respond with a Sopranos ref! Ha!)

Too bad I can't post my confirmation word, it was hi-LAR-ious! (schweah to gawd!)

Matthew Hubbard said...

The artist was unsure of his own genius, putting the word BUSH in big red letters in the upper corner. Completely unnecessary, as the likeness of the caricature is excellent, with the squinty eyes and big ears.

The shoes are a gift that keeps on giving.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Gotta love the gaping hole that is is mouth, complete with the tongue.
And it was drawn on fiber, to last.
All too wonderful.

Diane Griffin said...

Find myself wanting to clarify something in my previous comment in this thread -- when I said "you", it was a generalized "you," not anything personal about the beautiful and svelte pony who makes this blog...

debated even bothering, but I did want to be clear, after all. Really, it would be my a*s that wouldn't miss... well, you know what I mean!