Who? Oh, right! You'd think with the presidential campaign in full-swing, we'd need the calm, reflective voice of reason provided by Jeff Gannon more than ever. But where is he? Let's turn over a few rocks and see if we can find him!
- He's not on his own blog, which hasn't been updated since August 20.
- Everybody reacted with alarm when it was announced last June that he would be blogging for the National Press Club. But what's this? The NPC's blog site domain has expired and reverted to a spammy place-holder. In fact, the Google cache of the site suggests he only ever posted there twice.
- Speaking of the NPC, there's no evidence that Jeff has been involved in anything they've done for quite some time. Did they kick him to the curb after the negative publicity?
- What about his activities with the International Bible Reading Association? Hmm, they no longer seem to have an American chapter.
- Google News Search turns up only, as usual, jokes and references to him being a whore in the White House press room.
- He probably wrote this fake "review" of his own self-published book (using his favorite word, unvarnished), but that was over a year ago.
So where's Jeff? Did he finally realize that nobody in either politics or journalism really takes him seriously, including (especially including) his Republican friends? Will this post flush him out? C'mon, Jeff, you've commented here before! I'd love to hear his opinion on Sarah Palin (which is what led to this search). I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda miss the guy!