Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sarah Palin Thinks Being an Interior Decorator is a "Choice"



Why does she keep talking to Katie Couric? Does she escape her handlers and make a beeline to the CBS studio? In the latest interview, she refuses to answer whether or not she would outlaw abortions for victims of incestuous rape, refuses to say whether she'd like to outlaw the morning after pill, and tries to be nice to the hairdressers but thinks it's a "choice" (there's that word again!):

But as for homosexuality, I am not going to judge Americans and the decisions that they make in their adult personal relationships. I have one of my absolute best friends for the last 30 years happens to be gay, and I love her dearly. And she is not my "gay friend," she is one of my best friends, who happens to have made a choice that isn't a choice I would have made. But I am not going to judge people.


I wonder if her bestest lesbo buddy thinks she "chose" to be that way? The first and only indication that she could possibly be further to the right is that she claimed to be "all for contraception" and that she gallantly supports the teaching of evolution in schools. Oh, there will be hell to pay for those concessions, Sarah!

Of course, the evolution and birth control egalitarianism is probably a lie, but it's not Sarah's biggest wopper of the day! No, that would be her typically evasive answer to her hometown paper's question about her charging rape victims for their diagnostic kits. "The entire notion of making a victim of a crime pay for anything is crazy," she (non) answered. And she's right! But they did!

7 comments:

jterry said...

She can't even repeat the talking points that Jesus commands her to recite in a coherent way. How could she ever manage to do anything else right?

Toriko said...

I suppose the "gay friend" our new "black friend".

Anonymous said...

What a dipshit.
If it's a "choice," then why doesn't she choose to try it out for a weekend?
She's an ass. It's like choosing to be left handed.

Fran said...

The only choice is the one Sarah herself makes - to be a fecking idiot.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I don't want to appear to be either a) really old or b) a nerd, but I think I'm already out of the closet on both those items, so here goes.

Monty Python did a brilliant bit thirtysomething years ago about men who liked dressing up as mice. They had a wonderful man-in-the-street interview segment (which I have since learned is known in the newspaper biz as Ask Any Asshole) where an obviously lower class individual gives his enlightened view.

"Well, they can't help it, now can they? So I fink we should just... kill 'em."

And my gay friend agrees.

Glennis said...

She's stupid in the interview, in which she has to speak off the cuff, but I'm really struck by the newspaper article.

Here, she is emailing answers to written questions.

Sitting down and writing her answers, and having the opportunity of reviewing and editing her words. And even so, she sounds like an egotistical moron.

The woman can't write a grocery list - and apparently can't hire a staffer to do it for her, either.

"We are both mavericks, and we hit it off right away. The idea of this being a possibility became real when I flew to Arizona three days before I was announced as his selection."

"First and foremost, my selection means there is a clear answer when you ask “who are the real reformers?” in this race. John McCain and I are the agents of change. This is a great responsibility, but it’s wanted and appreciated. I’m not going to let women, or John McCain, or anyone else down in carrying out the responsibilities I have as a candidate and hope to have as Vice President."

dguzman said...

Not even a "love the sinner, hate the sin"??? I'm so disappointed in her. Obviously, she's been so busy at the UN boning up on her foreign policy that she hasn't had time to read her church propaganda! For shame!