Saturday, April 08, 2006

While Rome Burns



Thank Pony Pal™ Selby for spotting this article in today's New York Times, a long --really long-- puff piece about Princess Ferragamo's chamber music group. I'm afraid I can't really find anything make-funnable about this distressingly wholesome, impressive activity, but I sure loved this quote, which taken out of context is pretty exciting:
"We generally like to start off with a nice finger-buster for the secretary," Mr. Battey said. That way, he explained, she's warmed up when they really get to work.
Yeah, baby! I think I heard Jack Straw say that, too. Also, while we're at it, Yuri Gripas captured another sublime "matching armchairs" moment yesterday at the State Department:

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (R) speaks with Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan Elmar Mamediarov at the beginning of their meeting in the Secretary's Outer Office at the State Department in Washington April 7, 2006. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas

9 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Where's the chiranga?

Adam J said...

Her left foot looks like it's got radar lock on Mr. Mamediarov's inner thigh.

Anonymous said...

azerbaijan sucks ass

Between daisies said...

I finally got one - the bit about Jack Straw!

Unknown said...

jesus..even matching water glasses..two hooves up!

samael7 said...

Dear Princess Sparklepony,

I am confused by the hair differences between pictures. Was the chamber music shot an older "stock" photo? How much older is it and do we have documentation about this transformation from an old-Oprah-esque 'do to a kinder/gentler, soft/relaxed hair look?

Yours very truly,
Samael-7
Concerned American Watcher of Condoleezza Rice's Hair (CAWCoRicH)

Karen Zipdrive said...

I wonder if Condi's combo knows the tune, "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"?
Never know when they'll be hired for a Bush Barbecue gig.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Re: the photo at the bottom...
Since when do satin goldish/green Ferragamos go with baby blue?
...and here's another shocker. I have that same oriental rug in my living room. Yikes!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to add I love the title of this post and the first pic under the title..so damn good PSP.