Friday, March 10, 2006

I Smell Another Republican Hairdresser

OK, so has everybody already read about the Brownie-like, totally inexperienced 28-year-old kid who Chertoff just gave an awesome promotion to? Go ahead, I'll wait...

It gets better. Today, Talking Points Guy pointed to a discussion of the kid's Friendster profile. Some excerpts (emphasis mine):
He likes "reading in coffeeshops," "wine tasting," "watching college football" and "sleeping in on Saturdays," among other things. His favorite movies are Moulin Rouge and Best in Show (a TPMmuckraker favorite). He likes the Simpsons, along with Law & Order, Sex in the City and Will and Grace. Strangely, he doesn't mention 24.

He listens to Eminem and Offspring, but also Dolly Parton. (She was great at the Oscars.) And as Harris noted in his article, Doug says "I'm usually fairly quiet in a group setting -- I am not a talker but a pretty good listener."
Ummm... can any of you out there find me other 28-year-old straight men with similar tastes? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Hmmm... maybe Michael Chertoff more than just looks like John Waters.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

omg..he loves babs? thats it..must be a hairdresser then..

ya know PSP..every single time I come over here..you have a fine post to ponder.

Thanks for making my day tolerable :)

Peteykins said...

Any of those things separately wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but the cumulative effect is convincing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Chertoff always struck me as the type you'd find lurking in the back of the leather bar with ill fitting chaps and an overly large stinky cigar.

Peteykins said...

Naw, I'd have seen him by now.

I mean... um...

Karen Zipdrive said...

He had me at "Moulin Rouge."
What a total joto.
I'll bet he smells like Miss Ken Mehlman's eau de cologne.

Anonymous said...

He had me at "Inexperienced 28-Year-Old Bush Staffer Appointed to Critical Homeland Security Post." He must look great without his clothes on, because his face isn't doing it for me.

John said...

Yeah, I'm linked to him by two degrees of separation. So you know what that means...

[cue Miss Cleo]

He gee, darling!