Sunday, June 12, 2005

Spokane Rolls its Collective Eyes


Remember this guy? That's Jim West, the embattled mayor of Spokane, Washington. Ever since he was caught with his hand in the adolescent boy cookie jar, everybody in the city, including his own local Republican Party, has been begging him to resign.

Now he's attempting a classic move, playing his "get out of Hell free" card:
I've decided to fill the emptiness in my life that I was trying to fill through other means with a relationship with God. I'm reading a proverb and three psalms a day and am attending church on a regular basis for the first time in my life and it's been wonderful and I've felt very welcomed. I also meet weekly with a few pastors and they are very supportive.
Neato, Mr. West! Maybe you can start a "back in the closet" club with Jeff Gannon!

No comments: