Monday, April 10, 2006

Quickie: Dalai Lama Poses Grave Threat to Mayo Clinic

I missed this hilarious article from Agape Press on Friday. Oh, those wacky, intolerant Christians!* Speaking of which, as a daily reader of Agape Press, which styles itself as the Reuters for the American Taliban, I was surprised that they totally ignored last week's publication of the Gospel of Judas, perhaps the most important discovery in Biblical archaeology in decades. I'm assuming their hectic schedule of hairdresser and immigrant bashing leaves little time for, you know, boring ol' theology.

*Annnnd speaking of intolerance, the Dalai Lama's no angel, either.

6 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Yikes! Satan among the Mayo-naise?? I'll include them all in my latest bigoted entreaties to their Jesus. (My Jesus doesn't get sucked into that shit.)

Yeah, the Gospel of Judas is probably a crust too tough for them to chew. Me, too, actually, since I'm more interested in what Jesus said while he lived (all that subversive stuff) than his death.

Ah, well. On to the chimes.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to go see the Gospel of Judas exhibit. You know the homeless get first crack at seeing it at the Natl Geographic building, at least from the outside.

Yes I've always been a bit less than thrilled with this idea that Tibet is enlightened. Of course most mainline Buddhists, especially the Thai, do not revere the Dalai Lama. The entire idea that one religion is better than another because it is the "Other" to naive Westerners annoys me.

Earl Cootie said...

And the idea that one hole is no worse than the "other" intrigues me.

(Wild experimentation ensues.)

Karen Zipdrive said...

I found that just believing in God and ignoring all the variations of organized religion suits me fine.
My God can kick all their asses.

Unknown said...

As John Kerry said recently..no where in the bible is it written that there is virture in denying poor people access to Medicare..and I add..being intolerant a-holes.

Esri Rose said...

Brilliant polit-speak on the Lama's part. I couldn't make head or tails of it (hurhur). The most I could figure out was that he doesn't think sex should be too fun. Poor man.

Got a coupon for Fascination in the mail yesterday. I think I'll do my part for Amurica and go buy something wiggly.