Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Doing it Right

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan (R) and U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice pose for the media prior to a meeting in Ankara April 25 2006. The United States tried on Tuesday to ease Turkey's concerns instability in Iraq was threatening its security, pledging continued support for Ankara's fight against the rebel Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK). REUTERS/Hasan Tufekci/Pool
We've already had a nice matching armchairs photo-op earlier today, but as some mentioned, a lot was not quite right about it (see previous post). She didn't let on, of course, but I think Condi dies a little bit inside every time the matching armchairs scenario isn't perfect.

Well, as you can see above, sometimes it takes a Prime Minister to get everything not just perfect... but extra-special plus-perfect. The fireplace and the low, tasteful flower arrangement have taken their rightful places in our magical constellation. Allah be praised!

Also, do you love the innovation of having the little flags stuck in the flower arrangement? I totally approve of this daring innovation. Usually the flags are on either side of the chairs, but this way allows for a tighter, more Condilicious composition. And finally, can't you tell that our glitter fairy is looking right at the arrangement with a bemused "I'll have to try that when I get home" look on her face?

If Condi's trip to Greece 'n' Turkey is already this exciting, what pleasures await?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She certainly is happy isn't she? Well done Greece I say!

GayProf said...

I can't take my eyes off of the matching gold trim that unites the chairs, table, and picture frame.

Peteykins said...

I'm telling you... maybe Greece is the birthplace of the matching armchairs photo-op? Sublime, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Hot damn!!! This one so rocks :P

The flags are an excellent touch and Condi is smiling this time around..so all is well in the world.

I almost choked to death at your line:
"I think Condi dies a little bit inside every time the matching armchairs scenario isn't perfect."-instead I just have spring water in my lungs..no biggie.