Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Condi Fatigue?

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice listens during a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing to discuss the State Department's fiscal 2007 budget on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Rice was assailed by lawmakers for what they said was the State Department's increasing secretiveness and disregard for the US Congress(AFP/Paul J. Richards)
It's been an awesome couple of weeks of relentless Condispotting, but I think both she and I are a little burned out. Neither of us can keep going at this pace! Maybe we just need a little time away from each other.

But anyway... let's do a bit of a roundup, shall we?
  • I won't be writing about the homeland security guy getting busted. I'm sure others around bloganistan will have plenty of hilarious child molestation jokes.
  • I also won't be getting into the DeLay stuff. I'm sure Americablog and Atrios will have at least ten-thousand updates to tide you over.
  • The only reason Walter Cronkite isn't spinning in his grave is because he isn't dead yet.
  • Feingold is making bold, risky moves, isn't he? Will it work? Go Russ!
  • McCain has so jumped the shark.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you princess sparkle pony for staying on topic. It's all about the hair-do.

Alicia Morgan said...

Visine, anyone?

Karen Zipdrive said...

I haven't checked (not wanting to give either Blog more hits to brag about) but I suspect Atrios and Whining for Dollars are taking turns stealing each other's updates on the DeLay issue. The best part is, one trip to The Huffington Post will let us know what the copy cats are saying, anyway.

isabelita said...

Sigh. I hope Feingold is for real.
And I wish McCain was IN the fricking shark, not jumping it...

Unknown said...

Hopefully you are not burning out our dear PSP..we heart you and would hate to lose our daily read with our morning coffee..oops, its almost noon, ok..so I slept in..sue me :P

KZ makes a good point. Since I do not read either of the first two blogs she mentions I won't be upping their stat count.

I will always turn to our beloved PSP for Condilicious posts, god willing and the government doesn't arrest me for being an activist against the war.

Peteykins said...

Haw... "whining for dollars". :)

I think it's just a momentary Condi burnout. She's been going non-stop for several weeks, and it's been exhausting keeping up with her. Finally, last night and this morning, I was looking at the latest pics thinking, "These are too boring! Take a vacation, Condi!"

Anonymous said...

PSP, Condi needs a vacation after her thrilling voyages with the Straw Man. The rest of us need to see some improvement in diplomacy.

I mean, the woman never has anything new to say. A thousand point of light, I mean, mistakes, hey, we all knew that already. And her hair and clothes really are mostly boring, absent the occasional profoundly ill-fitting formal wear. Pants Suits??? Hello. "Lie-Sure" suits.

Pony, I'd love to send you an extra bag of oats and a new mane brush, but send my maximum respect instead.

Jumped the shark indeed. Time will tell.

Lulu Maude said...

I think she looks plain ol' hostile, not tired. She just hates having to be accountable.

Christiane said...

Actually, me thinks the DeLay updates will come from that kicky little woman on a journalistic mission . . . . uh huh, Katie Couric! She's all about the hard hittin' questions and investigative reportage. Move over Edward R.

Good night and good luck, indeed.

Moderator said...

Jon Stewart should have stuck it to McCain a little harder. But that's me.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Katie Couric doing the job Walter Cronkite used to do is like replacing Sir Lawrence Olivier with Tinky Winky the Teletubby.
She jumped the shark when she cooed, "Navy Seals rock!"
Not to mention she's yet to get rid of her baby teeth.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Thank you for your restraint. You need not explain a thing, princess. We come to you for the heavy lifting re Condi only, and a full time job it is. Sorry it's gotten a little boring for you...she needs a hairstyle change stat!