Tuesday, September 13, 2005

OMG! Live!

I've always been a big fan of the pointless TV reporter stand-up, in which a "correspondent" stands LIVE (OMG!) at a site (usually criss-crossed with yellow police tape) where something happened earlier, but isn't happening anymore. I caught this particularly unnecessary one this morning:



OMG! She's right there on Capitol Hill! And something happened there yesterday! And something will happen later today! But... um... nothing is happening now, and she's reading from a teleprompter, and when the station cut away to footage of the hearings, her "report" was pre-recorded. I found myself wishing one of the locals would snatch her purse to make the whole enterprise worth the trouble.

And just a short while later, Channel 4 continued their trailblazing LIVE coverage from across the street from the entrance to Children's Hospital, where something happened yesterday:


3 comments:

TexasYankee said...

i love that you managed to catch them sleep-talking at 06.17 and 06.47 in the morning...

PWhit said...

"I found myself wishing one of the locals would snatch her purse to make the whole enterprise worth the trouble."

Wouldn't that be considered a rude intrusion of reality?

mdhatter said...

I think we may have found JUSt the right new job for mr. Brownie.