Sunday, February 15, 2015

Photoblogging: Ready For Her Close-Up

(Click for bigger.)

I walk by this photo studio dozens of times a day, so it's easy to become jaded, but this celebrity visitor gave me pause.

Check out the warning on the studio door for this occasion:


I often stop in this studio to see what Lee Ewing, who photographs our sculptures so beautifully, is shooting. In this case, however, I didn't want it to be MY breath that made the Little Dancer's tutu explode into dust, so I kept the heck away.


8 comments:

davedave said...

She usually lives up here at the MFA in Boston. I had quite the crush on her in junior high when we met on a field trip.

Peteykins said...

Dave, that's a cast. This is the original wax from which the bronze casts were made.

davedave said...

Yikes. Do be gentle with her. Where does she usually live?

Peteykins said...

She usually right out on public display in our sculpture galleries, but in a VERY high=tech, climate-controlled vitrine. We have the majority of Degas's original wax pieces.

Peteykins said...

Oh, and the air currents thing is all about her tutu, which is the original.

Fearsome Beard said...

Wow. I'm coming back to visit DC in late April. I will have to look for her. What a great place you work, Wow.

davedave said...

Thanks for the info PSP. You know, I came here years ago for the Condi snark, but I stay for the art lessons.

Diane Griffin said...

I think I've seen 2 of the casts. She's ne of my favorite things ever.