Wednesday, April 23, 2014

See, What "Turn The Other Cheek" ACTUALLY Means Is...


I was obsessing over my favorite new website, Barbwire.com, again, and I noticed they had a store! Well, no, they don't actually have "Barbwire" merchandise; instead, they simply link to the Patriot Depot, your one-stop-shop for all your Government-Hating Patriot (!?) needs.

I especially enjoyed the shirt pictured above, and just in case you think they're intentionally trying to be ironic, there's an explanation which should clear that right up for you:


"Blessed are the peacemakers". These words, spoken by Christ in the Sermon on the Mount, are often misinterpreted as a call to pacifism. However, the truth is quite the opposite. Sometimes being a peacemaker requires standing against evil, including by force if necessary. As Harrison Ford said in Air Force One, "Peace is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."

George Orwell is smirking in his grave.

Also: needs more wings and skulls.

7 comments:

davedave said...

Well there you have it. From the sermon on the mount to Harrison Ford in Air Force One in three short sentences. Breathtaking descent. Of course, HF didn't actually "say" that so much as he recited it, but maybe I'm picking nits.

pat1755 said...

It is pretty funny over there. They get so het up.

Civic Center said...

Definitely needs more wings and skulls for insane perfection. I smell a Photoshop coming on...

Muscato said...

"They get so het up."

Accent, of course, on het...

Lulu Maude said...

Now that I can take my piss-tola to church in Georgia, I'm a-gonna get me one of them shirts.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the quote attributed to MLK, which of course would make their little heads explode.

bunchyfunk said...

Hey PSP could you enlighten us about the little graphic thingys above the barrels, across from the "THE", and under the "PEACEMAKERS"? And the whole font thing makes my head explode. Are we supposed to think "Matt Dillon" or something?