Thursday, April 04, 2013

UPDATE: Monitor Album Now Available On CD


Just recently I published a list of my favorite albums from 1981, and included on it the self-titled album by Monitor, the mysterious and spooky LA-area band. This is honestly, honestly, one of my favorite recordings ever. Over the years this has become a hard album to hear: original copies are scarce, and I've never heard a digital vinyl-rip that sounded any good.

So I'm thrilled to report that in a neat trick of good timing, this lonnnnng out-of-print masterpiece has finally been released on CD, and is available to buy here. Even better news is that the original tapes have been remastered, because you could always tell that the vinyl version, as good as it was, was a bit of a botched job in that respect, so there's a good chance that this re-issue will sound significantly better than the original release.

Get it now! I promise you won't regret it.

3 comments:

MrBadTrash said...

You just made my day!

splamly said...

Awesome. Cool band, cool label: they also have Noh Mercy with their awesome tune Caucasian Guilt. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It sounds fantastic a LOT better than my old cassette! Tommy Tadlock is listed as a producer for some of the stuff on the label doing this Monitor re-release. TT produced a great Pre-Fix single when they relocated there from Tucson for a time in the very early 80s.