Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Proud Moment

I can't emphasize enough just how thrilled I am to see Think Progress using my bear-riffic Photoshopped picture of Grover Norquist, the one which subtly implies something about him which isn't true, to illustrate an otherwise serious post about the Norquist/Gaffney feud. They're not the first to use it without noticing the joke (PSP readers didn't get it either), but definitely the most prestigious.

You can also see this spurious picture used without comment on Alan Colmes website as well as here and here and, strangely, here. This, to a Photoshopper, is like winning a gold medal: not when your image goes "viral," but when it is routinely assumed to be authentic.

And if you still don't get it, well ok, look here and all will be explained.

12 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

Even the commenters on your original post didn't seem to get it, but it lives on the Internet, so eventually it had to get reused.

Congratulations.

p.s. I didn't get it until i clicked on your most recent link.

Ann G said...

This is so beautiful. When I do a google image search for norquist SEVEN of your images appear on the first page! Good work! Your are one of my heroes.

Unknown said...

I stole it from Google Images. Whoops.

Civic Center said...

Are you telling us that the beard on Mr. Norquist is Photoshopped by the divine hands of the Princess Sparkle Pony, and it has now become his public face on the intertubes? Wow. And if so, it's a gold medal Photoshopping effort.

(I hope I got this right.)

Peteykins said...

Mike, I'm not that good. Just the background has been swapped out.

Fran said...

Oh that is so rich, so very rich.

Peteykins said...

Oh, wow, Ann G's blog is very, very cool.

Lady Wesley said...

Oh, snap, Princess. Good job!

samael7 said...

I remember that picture! The paw print was subtle enough I didn't notice it until your "Care-bear" comment clued me in and I took a second (possibly a third) look. And then, I didn't want to comment and spoil it for future generations.

That your subtle-fu has successfuly propagated that nice little bit of subversion across the internet is just that much more awesome.

(And, let's be honest here: the colors actually suit him and his somewhat florid complexion.)

Butch Pansy said...

Woof!

Shawn said...

Your Gold Medal is well deserved!
Well Done!
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Tim said...

Wow! My HERO!

I would have never figured it out on my own. Been slacking on my flags of sexual preference groups studies.

Now if only you could sneak in a little "Santorum" on his beard...