Monday, October 25, 2010

Ben Stein Not A Big Joe Miller Fan

Oh, OW. Ben Stein, who you will recall is an absolutely ridiculous person, an immaculately conservative pundit with impeccable Nixonian credentials, looked upon Alaska's Joe Miller and, lo, found him lacking. The erstwhile game show host was somehow given space in the Alaska Dispatch to write one of the most delightfully mean things I've ever seen about a candidate:

Someone's been listening to "Send in the Clowns" a little too often. "Don't bother, they're here," is what keeps occurring to me. Only this is a dangerous, stupid clown. Time for him to go home and cool off.

Haw, coming from a goofball like Ben Stein, that's gotta sting.

Joe Miller: a dangerous, stupid clown.

5 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

I was kind of waiting to see when the establishment Republicans, the Old Elites if you will, would get up on their hind legs and complain about someone. Apparently, handcuffing a reporter is the line you aren't supposed to cross.

Sharkbabe said...

Yeah the "arrest" of that reporter was enough for me, knowing little else about Miller.

These assholes are all gettin their thug on, and somebody needs to smack the fuck out of this shit.

And his 3-day beard looks creepy and fascist.

Can we just sell Alaska back to the Russians?

desertwind said...

Step right up!

Ben Stein. Such a maverick!

Startin' the Palin backlash from inside Ye Olde Elite.

Fran said...

Wow, well this is not unrelated it seems, to my comment on the Nancy panel above... The right and the righter, they start to splinter! Splinter away, angry people!

Karen Zipdrive said...

When I'm bored and want to amuse myself, I like to think about what Ben Stein's breath must smell like.
I'm thinking old broccoli and decaying flesh.