My favorite report about Mehlman's coming out is CNN's, where they say that, oh, all the hairdressers are welcoming him with open arms, and then they proceed to quote one –one– hairdresser, from GOProud, natch, doing so.
Well, here's a sampling of other hairdressers welcoming Ken into the fold:
- Blogactive: "Let's not let him get on the gravy train of gay love."
- Joemygod: "Are you feeling very forgiving right now? ARE YOU?"
- Pam Spaulding: "...it's really hard to forgive him for the damage he did to the community by working actively against it for pay for years."
- Michelangelo Signorile: "A dreadful person."
- Queerty: "America's most heinous homosexual."
For what it's worth, here's my official response: What a jerk. Shun him.