And the reactions? Fantastic!
- Tony Perkins: "It is very difficult to reconcile the GQ interview with the chairman's pledge [to be anti-abortion]."
- Also in the Politico article linked above, some anti-abortion chick steals headlines from this blog by saying, "Ha. He has now stepped both feet into it."
- Ken Blackwell: Steele "...needs to re-read the Bible, the U.S. Constitution, and the 2008 GOP Platform. He then needs to get to work -- or get out of the way." Them's fighting words!
- Huckaboo: "...very troubling..."
- Roger Stone: "Well, it's just one more nail in the coffin."
- NPR got great quotes from evil GOP operatives Ed Rollins, who says that he needs to overcome his interview addiction, and Ed Rogers, who hilariously says, "I'm against us appearing befuddled." LOL.
- Washington Post: "Steele's desire to spend the majority of his time in front of the camera rather than behind closed doors plotting a strategy to return Republicans to governing majorities is a common theme in discussions with GOP operatives." Yes, I noticed that, too!
OK, that brings us up to... um, 3PM. Stay tuned!