Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Who Can Do It?


Supporters of Republican vice presidential candidate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, listen to her speak at a gymnasium at Shippensburg University in Shippensburg, Pa., Tuesday Oct. 28, 2008. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)


Uh, oh, the Sarah Palin fans are confusing me again! OK, so the t-shirt is one of many "Sarah as Rosie the Riveter" designs, but this one makes no sense! Sarah-as-Rosie declares that She Can Do It! To whom is she referring? I just totally don't get it.

But that's OK! Because in trying to find this specific, nonsensical shirt, I discovered the greatest design in the history of the universe, one which I will happily buy for myself and wear with pride:



YES. Actually, I better get two: one for me, and one for Sparklemom.

12 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Okay, Pony. You can have Cindy, but I'll have dibs on her lookalike Barbie.

Lulu Maude said...

p.s. Who can do what?!?!

bemused said...

"Homegirl"? Like, which home? Doesn't she have eight?

Dennis said...

I love that the t-shirts start at $14 and are then $4 off for each additional shirt. They know they have to get rid of that crap because no one is going to want them after McCain loses. Also, doesn't that mean the 4th t-shirt is free? That doesn't make much business sense, but then these are Republicans!

Matthew Hubbard said...

OMG!!!!!!!

I'm a Pony Pal!!!!

When did this happen?

Thank you, Princess. This is huge. I won't even say anything bad about Cindy's granny shawls, out of respect to your generosity.

I first found out about the blog of SF Mike, Civic Center, because he was a Pony Pal ages ago. He's now also a Google Blogger of Note, as well as the winner of the My Mom Luvs Your Blog award, and he deserves every accolade.

Muscato said...

I'm totally with Ian - C Mac is definitely a homesgirl!

Anonymous said...

Add an apostrophe and sapce to the t-shirt url and you get, McCain't Shirts.

Hmmmmmm.

IntangibleArts said...

It never occurred to me until I stared at that t-shirt photo for a few hours that if Cindy's neck was just a few molecules longer, she'd be a snowy egret.

Anonymous said...

That shirt is awesome. Truly. Who deserves the credit for its design?

dguzman said...

I like the way Guttenfelder captured the "supporters" all looking heavenward. Yet the light is behind them... uh...?

However, she CAN do it! Wreck a campaign almost single-handedly, that is.

And like Matty Boy, I am completely flattered and honored to be a Pony Pal™! I'm all verklempt!

samael7 said...

That's a terribly unflattering picture of Cindy.

I much prefer down-do Cindy. Much more "homegirl" than "stay at home, girl."

tangobaby said...

I'm almost tempted to get one of these but I already gave all of my money to Obama.

Maybe they'll go on sale on November 5 and then I'll get one.