Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ursula Plassnik Would Never Put Herself on a Pedestal. Or a Riser.


Former U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan, left, and Austrian Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik, right, listen to the speech of Director General of the United Nations Office in Vienna, Antonio Maria Costa, center, during a naming ceremony of the Kofi Annan building at Vienna's International Center, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2007. Annan is on an official three-day visit to Vienna at the invitation of the Austrian government. (AP Photo/Hans Punz)


It was 9-11 Day yesterday, so Austria threw a party for Kofi! They made a nice building for him, and my favorite, favorite thing about it is the way they did the back-lit signature thing so that it looks like an upscale restaurant. Neat! Next time I'm there, I'm totally going to try to get reservations at Kofi's!

Oh, and did you notice that Ursula was there? Any Ursula fans in the house? Oh, I know; I'm teasing. But, OMG, look how fantastic she is! Fans of the affable diplomatic giantess' height should find this picture especially thrilling, as it shows how considerately she eschews the riser so that her seemingly puny -- but actually normally-sized! -- colleagues could feel more comfortable for the photo-op. She's such a class act!

14 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Thank God for Ursula... fresh, cheery, agnostic Ursula!!

Life is so much better on the down side of empire.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Scarf free, cummerbund free, giant costume jewelry free, she is still the giant queen of my heart.

(Sure, on my own blog, I drool and fawn over normal-sized Indira Varma, but if I went hunting for UrsulaProduct, anyone who reads my blog would know I was hogging in on PSP's side of the street.

And when this ceremony was over, she put her UN toy set away and went to play with her TransEuropa trolley set. Yay!

Keith said...

all hail Ursula!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That 38" inseam--be still my lesbian heart.

Fran said...

Yikes no time for a comment, but how can I not??? I am just writing on my blog, about the lazy days when blogging meant reading PSP everyday. Now how I toil! But then I came over here to "borrow" a photo of our beloved PSP to honor her in my post and saw this. Put down the blogging pencil and comment here please...

Oh mein Ursula! I love the casual, comfy way that she appears in this photo. Warm and inviting... that is what being a diplo-goddess is all about.

Can someone send Condi a copy of Ursula'a new book "Diplo-godessing for Dummies" new edition with scarf accessorizing kit.

It should help and it may get Condi's mind off Iran and get that puss of her face. I said puss. Don't get naughty here please!

HRH King Friday XIII, Ret. said...

Oh my god... I am literally LOLing. Great header.

dguzman said...

Look at those miles and miles of Ursula-legs. yummy! and I must say that she is totally workin' the fuck out of that red and black power ensemble. Thank you PSP!

pineapple said...

Even without the scarf, Ursula rocks it.

samael7 said...

<3<3<3
She is my Madame Maxime 4-EVR!
<3<3<3

Anonymous said...

Why can't our political ladies dress like this?

Anonymous said...

I have such a craving for Sacher Tort and a large side of Schlag.

Coffee black, bitte.

Anonymous said...

I bet green's her color, too. (Ho ho ho!)

Matthew Hubbard said...

We are all so nice to Ursula (and why wouldn't we be?), but I am troubled a little by the outfit. Most notably the sleeves. They look a little short, showing way too much wrist and forearm.

Of course, there is the possibility that she is growing out of her clothes as the picture is being taken, in which case I must go lie down as this would be just too exciting for words.

And the last words I will say... Hans Punz! He's the Euro Yuri Gripas!

Anonymous said...

The sleeves are short because her arms are longer than the usual mortal woman.
And I'll bet her fingers are really girl-pleasingly long!!