Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fuel for Feverish Theme-Park Fantasies


Protesters wear masks of President Bush, left, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and Vice President Cheney at a rally to oppose the Iraq oil law at a Chevron gas station in San Francisco, Thursday, April 19, 2007. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)


Well, OK, sure: that's the scene in communesque San Francisco today. But whenever I see giant-headed facsimiles of Condi 'n' pals, I instantly fall into a reverie, a misty-eyed mental journey to a post-Bush Republican theme park. And if you think about it, that's totally what they should do instead of a dumb, boring library. I mean, who do they think they're fooling? You could have friendly, waving giant-headed George 'n' Dicks welcoming the converted to fabulous Neo-Contazia, and roaming cuddly Grover Norquists and comical Scott McClellans for photo-ops, a twenty-minute wait in line to sit ever-so-briefly in Condi's Matching Armchairs™ and --Uh, oh!-- watch out for the big bad Wolfowitz! It makes me feel all warm and family-valuable inside, like I'm a toddler snuggling in Jean Kirkpatrick's lap, all safe and cuddly.

*sigh*

Um... but everybody feels that way sometimes, right?

6 comments:

Civic Center said...

My Dearest Princess, I ran into those commies soon after they had left their protest at the gas station and marched up to the federal building in San Francisco to harass poor Nancy Pelosi's staff at her office. It turned out the commies were organized by the Raging Grannies, I kid you not.

There will be pictures tomorrow on "Civic Center," and prepare to be linked, my royalty. And your Bush Library Fantasia reverie was exquisite.

Anonymous said...

For me, it's Janet Reno's lap. I don't fit into JK's.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Ha. Condi should still look so good.

Lulu Maude said...

The theme park is a fabulous idea. I especially like the idea of a giant-headed Dick waving around.

St Edward the Confessor said...

It is curious to me how the Dick head curves to one side...

dguzman said...

He's the Dick who couldn't shoot straight--just ask Harry Whittington!