Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Inevitable Cherry Blossom Photoblogging


Click for desktop-sized!


I'm obviously still getting the hang of the settings on my new camera, but the cherry trees are going wild this year in one of the most perfect blooms I've ever seen. These are the ones next to the National Gallery of Art's East Building. And here's what they look like from the 7th floor:


Click for bigger, but not as bigger as the above.


UPDATE: While we're at it, here are some tulip magnolias (and, yes, it was an overcast day):


Click for bigger

And their attendant droppings:


Click for desktoppy size

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

inevitable perhaps, but still lovely (and gracing my desktop)

Civic Center said...

Great artists think alike and I serendipitously put up my cherry photoblog post this morning too. It's entitled "Global Warming and Vivienne Westwood," two phrases I've always wanted to see together. With a shake of the mane, your pony pal...

Anonymous said...

Great picture! The cherry trees on the Georgia Tech campus are looking fabulous as well.

Now if only we weren't drowning in pollen.

Peteykins said...

Mike, that's one of the best headlines EVER!

All the rest of you should make it a habit to keep up with SFMike's blog, Civic Center, linked in the right hand column. He's actually a real photoblogger.

Civic Center said...

Thanks so much, Princess, for the kind words. And did you notice how difficult it was to capture the true psychedelic nature of the blossoms? I felt like I was having one of them drug flashbacks yesterday while looking at them.

Nixie Bunny said...

That last photo would make a fine evil jigsaw puzzle.

Beakerz said...

much better pictures than mine. Excellent work here!

Diane Griffin said...

I'm weird. I set the knives and spoon as my desktop.

But then, you knew I was weird by now, didn't ya?

Toriko said...

Way better than having the ground littered with knives

Lulu Maude said...

Did they [the blossoms] turn out for the march on the pentagon?

I've always wanted to see them. Maybe next year.

We don't get our blossoms till mid-May in Vermont. First day of spring 3/21? Bah, humbug.