Tuesday, April 18, 2006

This is DC Politics!

I was just lunching with a coworker, and talk turned to our upcoming Mayoral race. Our chat went something like this:

Tim: I like Fenty.
Me: Really? Why?
Tim: Uh... uh...
Me: What has he accomplished?
Tim: Uh... well... he's on the council.
Me: Yes, but can you name anything he's done?
Tim: Um, no.
Me: Do you know what any of his opinions are?
Tim: Um, no. Well, it's more that I don't like the other ones.
Me: Like who?
Tim: Linda Cropp. I don't like Linda Cropp.
Me: Really? Why?
Tim: Uh... uh... something to do with baseball...

This conversation is happening all over town! Well, actually, just Tim's half of the conversation is happening all over town.

Oh, Carol... Carol... we need you.

7 comments:

The Boy said...

I consider Adrian Fenty personally responsible for the DC smoking-ban. I don't know if you remember back in '03 when he tried to introduce the legislation and fainted that day at the council meeting, but my girl Carol gave him a run for his money by blocking this legislation on her Health and Safety committee for years.

But Adrian Fenty is just hot....

So I'm like totally torn.

Anonymous said...

Is Anthony Williams a good mayor?

Karen Zipdrive said...

What happened to Marion Berry?
I kinda like a crack pimp running things up there. It gives all of us slackers hope.

Montserrat Nicolás said...

OOOOh Yes. Fentys fault that we all have to become puffing-criminals. He launched his first campaign on THAT platform. As if schools and health are in such good shape...Pathetic. By the way -smokers- are better tipers, more patient when it comes to wait for tables and DRINK MORE. ANY BAR THAT SERVES HEAVY DRINKS SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDER A TEA PARTY.

See what happen to NYC. Everybody sipping Tea at Tea-bars....Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

And he is not THAT hot. It's the lack of good material in this city.

John Whiteside said...

What's so great about Carol? Other than feeling like you're being lectured by your Auntie Mame?

Anonymous said...

Thankfully the Linda Cropp/Baseball whiners mostly live in Virginia and thus will have zero impact on our election. As it should be. I may not be a huge fan, but damn if I'm going to listen to some dirty Virginian's opinion on MY city's elections.
I have Fenty partially to thank for the smoking ban, but I'm still unsure. Marie Johns sounds the most competent.


Show me a study that shows smokers tip better and I'll show you ten that show the rest of picking up the tab for all those exposed. I pay $60 a pay period for health insurance, and I'm tired of footing you people's bill as well as the stench.

Peteykins said...

Um, Copperred, Marie Johns has been cosying up to famous DC bigot/homophobe/Christian freakazoid Willie Wilson.