- Was Dick Tracy and/or Warren Beatty mentioned? No, sadly, but the following fictional characters and movies are: Peter Pan*, Don Corleone, Red Scorpion, Red Scorpion II.
- Was the word "gangster" bandied about? Again, no, but the following words do appear: mobster, crime boss, two-bit thugs, flashers, lawbreaker. The word "elegant" was not used.
- The maker of the trenchcoat is not given, but the maker of the ballcap is.
- Shoes are not mentioned, so I was right in that regard.
- The fedora is not discussed at length.
*Long-time Sparkle Pony readers know that a Peter Pan reference is not exactly reassuring.