Monday, October 31, 2005

Here Come Da Judge... Again



The last time I posted the above picture of John Cornyn as a judge, I suggested that everybody pray I never have a reason to revive such a terrifying image. Have you been praying? Because GW is making a list and checking it twice...

Most people seem to think it'll be either Luttig or Alito, so we can safely assume it'll be neither, given George's impressive fake-out record. Personally, I like the theory that he'll choose somebody ridiculously conservative, knowing the Democrats and moderate Republicans will shoot them down, after which he can say to the wingnuts, "Sorry, I tried; it's not my fault," and then nominate Alberto Gonzales, who he's wanted all along. It's hard to imagine him, however, being either that stupid or that smart.

UPDATE: Ohhhh, it's Alito. Well, the hard Right wanted a fight, and now they've got one. Buckle down for Mr. Reid's Wild Ride!

UPDATE 2, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Americablog already has 9 posts about Alito. Do you think he'll hit 100 by Friday?

UPDATE 3: Americablog, by 7PM, has racked up a mighty 16 Alito-related posts! At this rate, John will blow right past the 100 mark! Probably by Wednesday!

UPDATE 4: Hello, National Review readers!

2 comments:

BigLeeH said...

Re: Update 4

Hello, Princess Sparkle Pony.

tom said...

hahaha. I love the picture. am in Texas...are you? I remember Cornyn on the Texas high court. It was the same as actually having one of the big insurance companies as a judge. I think they may have written some of his opinions.