Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Ugly Tour Bus Photoblogging

OK, so I know I call this a "photo blog", and most photo blogs are by photographers who take close-up pictures of flowers and gorgeous sunsets, not prancy, glittery, equine Photoshoppers. But you know what? I can too photoblog (the verb).

So Aravosis over at Americablog does his Friday Orchid Blogging (not to mention t-shirts carrying anti-gitmo slogans, unforgiveably in the MS Comic Sans font), and Atrios, along with approximately a zillion other bloggers, does his Friday Cat Blogging.

Hey, like Gypsy said, you gotta have a gimmick! So I'm introducing Friday Ugly Tour Bus Blogging, because there's a lot of 'em in the District, and their hideous designs present daunting challenges to the jaded photographer.

OK, OK! Here's the first one. You can click it to see a huge version open in a new window:




And speaking of photoblogging, you know, you turn your back for one minute, and when you whip around, you find that Pony Pal™ sfmike has been a busy boy, indeed! Check out his fantastic look at the Civic Center in San Francisco.

2 comments:

Civic Center said...

Wow! This Pony Pal™ is feeling deeply honored. Thanks for the plug.

And though I adore John Aravosis, particularly his youthful ardor when he goes out to slay those evil Washington, DC dragons, you're absolutely correct about using the MS Comic Sans font. I was once forced to create a 60-screen PowerPoint show for a client using the font, and I grew to hate it intimately.

Anonymous said...

Comic sans is the evil font of office biddies who want to look cute and fun, but don't know a .ttf from a hole in their bums. They also tend to use lots of animated emoticons and MS clipart. I loathe this font and anything that it might be trying to convey to me.