Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Bad News

Just a quickie: Why did anybody believe Bush when he said he'd pick a consensus candidate? What a bold move, to select a white, ultra-conservative, anti-choice, pro-business, male, a man who is, for all intents and purposes, Rick Santorum!

I always picture Bush walking around with a perpetual thought balloon which reads "I'll show them!"

The only kinda funny thing about it is that all the Christian fundamentalists will have to grit their teeth and pretend to be thrilled --thrilled!-- at the nomination of a Papist Catholic.

UPDATE: I'm a little calmer today. He doesn't really seem that horrible. Granted, I wouldn't pick him. Plus, he really does look like a Ken doll.

3 comments:

Abbe Buck, PA, PR, PM, OM said...

I am going to place a link to your blog on HighViz - thanks !

John Whiteside said...

I share your feelings or perhaps nonfeelings about it. Look at it this way, a Ken Doll nominee offers amazing possibilities for photoshopping and even taking pictures of Supreme Court Ken to play with. Think "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story" as an inspiration for a short film about the court.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure picking a catholic was at least on some level seen as beneficial to the ongoing attempt to break the traditionally democratic catholic block. To bad he didn't pick the pope, that would have really made a splash.