Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Washington Post Made My Lunch Stupid Again

I have a special relationship with the Washington Post, just as I once had with the Los Angeles Times when I lived on the West Coast: On my way to the Metro station, I buy the paper from Jerry, the friendly neighborhood paper vendor. On the train, I usually get through the A section and the curiously-small and uniformative Metro section. Later, at lunch, I usually finish off the "lite" sections, Style, Food, Health (to quote the Simpsons, "You know, chick crap."), etc.



It's a nice relationship, but I often have to chastise my little newsprint buddy. Today, for instance, the Post ran one of the most deleriously stupid articles I've ever seen, featured proudly on the front page of the Style section. Titled, cutely, "Go-Go-Go Beat", the startling revelations of the reporter are truly earth shattering: People love music. Some people love music so much, they actually listen to it on portable devices while carrying on their busy days! The author puts particular emphasis on a strange little gadget called an "iPod". Have you noticed? They're popular!

OMG!

It's the kind of article that really makes me miss my special relationship with the LA Times. Luckily, CJR daily also noticed it, so please enjoy them at the top of their game as they rip the article to shreds.

And you can click here, if you wish, to view my exciting alternative Special Edition iPod.

No comments: