Friday, May 20, 2005

Who Here Likes Puppies?

So Ricky Santorum has been in the news a lot again lately, and it's always bad, isn't it? Yesterday, Mr. Santorum got a lot of people riled up by comparing Democrats to Hitler... so riled up, as a matter of fact, that the media totally forgot all about his other scheduled event for the day: Posing for photographs with puppies.

Rick Santorum posing with puppies! I assume this has to do with his only non-sleazy cause, cracking down on dog fighting with Arlen Specter (an admirable effort! See, I'm complimenting him!). He must have been so mad that none of the wire services picked up the pictures! I was mad, too, because who doesn't like looking at pictures of puppies? And I will verify right now that I would be more likely to look at a picture of Rick Santorum if at least one puppy were included. In fact, it might help his dismal, plummeting approval ratings back home if he appears with puppies at all times from now on.

So... no AP/Reuters/AFP photos of the Santorum/puppy conflagration are available online. I'll have to fill the gap. So here you are:



Hmmm... I'm not sure that works. Plus, now I'm afraid the puppy is going to sue for defamation of character.

No comments: