Thursday, May 19, 2005

Smells Like Wonk Spirit?

Once again, I turn my back for a second and the satire just starts writing itself. This story involves both makeup and politics, so I am so there!

Cosmetics giant Aveda has introduced a perfume to commemorate DC Mayor Tony Williams, a man with whom I will always associate the phrase dour technocrat. It's called Bow Tie. I'm not making this up. Created for the opening of a new store in the District, Aveda claims the new odor, a blend of jasmine and citrus oils, reflects Williams' "busy, active lifestyle." (See below.)



Hmmm... I think I would have made it smell like dusty paperclips, displaced strip clubs*, and Baltimore Orioles owner Peter Angelos' ass.

*Trust me, if you're a hairdresser living in the District, this joke is hilarious.

No comments: