Monday, September 15, 2008

I Keep Track of Sarah Palin's Shoes so You Don't Have To


US Republican vice-presidential candidate and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin shoes are seen as she speaks in Golden, Colorado September 15, 2008. REUTERS/Rick Wilking (UNITED STATES)


OMG, thanks, Reuters! Perhaps they heard my plea for more shoe coverage? Anyway, the other day I was sad because I wasn't able to identify Sarah's horrible red pumps, but today I can redeem myself by stating unequivocally that those are Tory Burch pumps, because that's who does the gimmicky stripe at the bottom of the heel. That puts them in the $300 range. You're welcome. I don't think those are very nice shoes, personally; they aren't fabulous. Mid-price shoes can really be a problem.

Oh, also: the other day I pointed out that this whole campaign is all about the shoes. It turns out I was wrong! The whole campaign is also about makeup:


Women hold up their lipstick in front of another supporter as U.S. Republican vice-presidential nominee and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin arrives to speak in Golden, Colorado September 15, 2008. REUTERS/Rick Wilking (UNITED STATES


Ha ha! I don't know about you, but one of those "women" mentioned in the caption looks a little grizzled to me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What interesting times we live in. Women with grizzled faces, and . . . Tzipi on track to be next prime minister of Israel! Yay!

Lulu Maude said...

Snort!

Tina Turner wouldn't be caught dead in those shoes.

Anonymous said...

Who wears that color lipstick? Creamy coral was popular back when Gidget used to smear it on Moondoggie's collar after the sock hop.

motherofjehu said...

Looks like when my dog gets a hard-on!

Anonymous said...

@dee - gross.

Coming from the gravitational centre of the bear drag queen galaxy (cos you know they are all stars honey), I have a good sense that most of them have the good sense not to wear that color. Retired military girlfriend there must be a poseur, or from Colorado.

dguzman said...

Since when did Camilla Parker-Bowles start attending Palin's hayrides?

zoe said...

Camilla Parker Bowles!!!!!!HAAAhhaaaa!! Now there's a drag queen I can believe in.....

Anonymous said...

Are $300 shoes really "mid-price"? Yikes! So much for thinking I made a lot of money.

The Fuzz said...

classy looking shoes

Anonymous said...

That grizzly one you see in the picture is that "guy" who's always hanging out in the john at many airports in the US.