Friday, April 07, 2006

Ugly Tour Bus Photoblogging: Slight Return


Click for bigger!

Cherry blossom time means the start of DC's official tourist season (not that it ever really ends), which means lots more fanny packs, people blocking the escalators, clouds of teenagers wearing those idiotic FBI t-shirts, and... a whole new batch of ugly tour busses! Hooray!

Last year I totally burned out on photographing these rolling monstrosities by the end of Summer, but in the last few days I've seen some that are truly noteworthy in their hideousness, so I'm inspired anew. I can't guarantee any kind of regularity, but I'll be posting 'em as I find 'em.

Another exciting thing I saw yesterday was several totally blank white busses, which made me thrilled to think that they were awaiting all-new pointless decorations, thus keeping the cycle alive. What fun!

EDIT: Before anybody says anything, both "buses" and "busses" are considered acceptable, but the former seems like it would be pronounced like Gary Busey, so I just can't deal with that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Princess, I'd missed these

PWhit said...

Princess, We're country folks headed through youe part of the world next week. As a former city dweller, a real one not the lame NYC, I remember that there are places that white people with green license plates shouldn't be parking their cars overnight. What parts of the capital would you consider safe for honky's like us?

Kisses!

Peteykins said...

All are equally unsafe! Hooray!

PWhit said...

thanks.

Peteykins said...

Seriously, since I don't own a car, I'm blissfully unaware of how to deal with one in the city. I'm sure you can find some better advice.

PWhit said...

I was looking more on the this nieghborhood is bad, this one is ok. Either way we've got reservations somewhere near L & 19th. & will be in full tourist mode, sans the bus, monday pm & tues am.

thnx again.