Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Junk Drawer: Another Fun "Tad" Dorgan Pin From 100 Years Ago


 I recently posted an obscure bit of cartoon merchandising from a century ago: a wee little button given away as a premium for Tokio Cigarettes, and featuring a drawing by Thomas "Tad" Dorgan, one of my favorite cartoonists. Pony Pal™ Mark told me that there were several other Tad button designs, and like any collector, I started feeling that aching, nagging knowledge of holes in a collection I hadn't even realized I had started. You know that feeling?

So anyway, I've now seen evidence of at least five Tad cigarette button designs, and I must have them all! But for now, I'll just have to be content with two: the one I posted last week, and the one above, which just came in the mail.

Truly I am an accursed soul. GET ME KID?

1 comment:

Civic Center said...

Yes, you are an accursed collecting soul, and this particular tagline/illustration looks borderline creepy pedophile, though I'm sure the historical explanation is perfectly innocent.