Friday, February 05, 2010

This Is As Close As Republicans Come To Being Deadheads


Cashin' in! Well, why not? David Weigel is reporting from the big Teabag Convention™, and he photographed some truly weird teabag earrings by an event sponsor called the Tea Party Emporium.

Curious, I visited their web site, and this is some pretty... uh... Café Press type stuff, I guess. Except the earrings! I don't know; I'm not wild about them.

But here's my favorite product, Freedom Coffee –yes, coffee– branded with a cup of tea and a teabag that says "tea":


Bonus points, I guess, for the probably unauthorized use of the postage stamp.

Give me my Tea Party Freedom Coffee or give me death!

5 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

Those crazy bastards should be marketing Teabagger Kool-Aid.
And the earrings are ridiculous.
I hope Sarah Palin wears a pair during her $355 keynote speech.
Of course, they'll have to give them to her because she's not about to pay for them.

Fran said...

Those earrings!?!

I was hoping for a chai-party. Guess I am in for more disappointing.

hughman said...

that middle earring is where they stash their meth.

dinthebeast said...

I once worked with a truck driver who was both a republican and a deadhead... he also had a master's in political science from Stanford. He was a great truck driver/mover, but don't get him started about Reagan.

-Doug in Oakland

g said...

So is it tea or coffee? And is it American? AFAIK there is only one place in America that grows tea, in S. Carolina. And only one place in America that grows coffee - Hawaii.