Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art Collection: "Lemonaid" Girls By Lee

Click for bigger!

Whoops, hi! Sorry, I've been a little uninspired by the news lately, so I really should be hitting the scanner more often. This is one of my sizable collection of vintage art reproductions featuring big-eyed kids, puppies, kittens, etc. Feel their souls pouring into yours, OK?

Actually, I have a lot to say about big-eyed art from the 60s and 70s, but I don't really want to get into it yet.

"Lee," is one of several noteworthy, more-or-less anonymous artists in the genre. I enjoy his/her work very much. More to come!

6 comments:

Dave Latchaw said...

I'm really looking forward to this.

drew in sf said...

Wow, that example is a lot more creepy and a little less kitschy than most of what I remember...

Muscato said...

It's somewhere on a continuum between classic Keane and kiddie snuff, but it also looks like two-thirds of the leads of an unproduced "Three's Company Babies" cartoon series.

And therefore very wonderful.

Peteykins said...

OMG, Muscato! Three's Company Babies!!!

Kalkaino said...

The littlest streetwalkers have been marked down! The can't even afford their Baby Pole-Dancer Plexiglass Stillettos!

I always wonder about things like this -- is the artist riffing on the lurid subtext, or clueless about it?

Johannes der Taucher said...

Look! They eyes follow you around the room.

Prelude to Renoir, is it?