Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Richard Cohen Probably Hasn't Been to a Cocktail Party with Sonia Sotomayor



I'm afraid I don't have much to say about Richard's latest. But did you know that all of us have a "whiff of elitism-cum-racism" about us because we're impressed with Sonia Sotomayor's success? It's not like other famous people didn't come from Brooklyn, therefore we are all elitist racists. In fact, every single famous person on the planet was once a poor, Hispanic kid in the projects in Brooklyn, and they all had wonderful teachers and parents. The end.

4 comments:

dguzman said...

Sometimes, I try to imagine what it would be like to view the world like Cohen does. And then I throw up like a seasick sailor.

RichardCohenIsOld said...

(I think you mean The Bronx, which, as Richard pointed out,is Mumbain for All Hispanic Women Are Unqualified For Jobs And Are Token Affirmative Action Hires.)

desertwind said...

Way OT, but... I've nobody else to turn to.

Is anybody having trouble getting WaPo pages to load?

I've been gettin' slow to nothin' for almost a week.

Anonymous said...

Has it been noted before (surely it must have been noted before) Mr. Cohen's incredible resemblance to Alfred E. Neuman?