Tuesday, April 07, 2009

OMG, Enough with The Twitter and The Facebook



I love my erstwhile shoe-money providers at Gawker, but OMG, right now their front page (see above) has a post about Twitter, then a post about Facebook, and then a post about Twitter and Facebook, all in a row. Clearly, some kind of tipping point has been reached. And Gawker is hardly the worst culprit, because at least they don't take themselves seriously. I don't know, something about all the Twitter coverage everywhere, especially, is irritating to me. Enough. Please. Stop. Once John McCain started fake-Twittering, it was beyond –way beyond– over.

5 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

I tried it a few months back. I typed in one comment about the TV show Mad Men, and then I was being followed by two fictional characters from the show. I stopped using Twitter a short while after that, though they won't let you kill an account. The founders must be trying to sell the thing to some interwebs deep pockets, and they are doing everything they can to make the miserable turd look bigger than it actually is.

Twitter must die.

Anonymous said...

Oh, pls. You would have been as dismissive about the Web, in 93.

Peteykins said...

What a stupid comment.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I was on DARPAnet back in the seventies. I thought it was kinda cool. It had improved a lot by the early nineties. I liked it then, too.

Peteykins said...

By 1993 I had already been on CompuServe for, like, twelve years.