George Will's column this morning on the evils of denim was inspirational! Here's what I wore today as a tribute to the great man:
- Green wool sweater vest, vintage, no tag, unknown era.
- White cotton button-down shirt, Calvin Klein.
- Red patterned silk clip-on (YES!) bow tie, no label, late 50s/early 60s. Haven't you heard? Bow ties are the new thing (not really).
- Levi's 501 button-fly jeans, the most perfect article of clothing ever invented.
- Red leather "bowling" shoes, Prada.
- Nooka Zub Zot watch. EDIT: I really want to rave a little about Nooka. I believe their watches are some of the greatest American designs since the original iMac. I dare anybody to look at their site and not find something they want.
Eat your heart out, George. Also: what, you don't have handy seamless backdrops at your job?