Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Support Our Troops!

Five soldiers have been charged in the severe beating of a gay man outside a Savannah gay club.

People looked on helpless Sunday as the soldiers beat David Bennett, 37 on the street in front of Blaine's Back Door Bar. The attackers left leaving Bennett barely conscious and lying in a pool of blood. Bennett suffered cuts and abrasions in the beating. He was released from hospital on Monday. Based on witnesses descriptions police picked up five soldiers a short while after the beating and returned them to the scene for the witnesses to identify.

The soldiers, all members of the 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Stewart, have been charged with aggravated battery. According to the police incident report, one of the men, Sidney Swift, boasted: "Yes, I beat that mother-fucking faggot up."

The report said that other soldiers at the scene told Swift to be quiet because they were "one team, and it was one fight."
Via Pam's House Blend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Mr. Swift is confused about hairdresses since he called his victim a "mother fucking" hairdresser.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Those Army creeps call gay men whatever they want, but with this fucking war dragging on the way it is, if I were a male I'd be hairdressing to beat the band.
What would you bet the "soldiers" involved are all Iraq war vets?

the Alpha John said...

While I know absolutely nothing about Mr. Swift and his values, I suspect he's a conservative gentleman with strong "Family values". I can only assume that includes a good dose of Southern Christianity, which is a big fan of "an eye for an eye".

Therefore, I'd like to see him repent for not loving his "mother-fucking faggot neighbor" by letting one of the many fine "gay for pay" internet sites film him getting the business end of a (male) Marine, Airforce, and Navy officer. They can put his full name, email address, and phone number at the bottom of the video and all his friends can see for themselves how sorry he is.

And with any luck, one of soliders who was good enough to help Mr. Swift atone for his sin will give him AIDS.

Unknown said...

sick bastards..sick,homophobic crap like this makes me want to beat them to death with a baseball bat..and I am too old for that anymore.Violence begats violence..but ask me if I care when I read things like this or the ones where they beat homeless people.