Monday, February 13, 2006

Locals Only: Snow Daze

Fellow DCists: were you amazed at the ardor of the response to our snow storm yesterday by the street crews? I don't know about you, but I've seen twice as much snow get 1/4 the reaction. What's different this year? It's an election year! Who oversees the agency which clears the snow? Mayoral hopeful Linda Cropp!

On an unrelated note, I'd love to go in-depth about my feelings on how the National Gallery of Art is promoting its Dada exhibition with a kind of "Jazz hands! Dada is cute and whimsical!" approach, even though Dada is neither. But I would have to be crazy to do that, so I won't.

5 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

My spouse, who used to live in DC, tells me that the local officials have always been somewhat cavalier about snow: God brought it, God'll take it away.

Yes? No?

Anonymous said...

Princess, don't be such a tease! I will be waiting here by your blog, clicking refresh until I see your marvelous post about Dada and jazz hands...

Peteykins said...

Nope. Can't.

Anonymous said...

I do love an election year. Question is who to vote for. Please tell us who we should vote for! Or will I have to keep staying abreast of local politics and reading the CityPaper? Right now I just need to flip a quarter.

Dada? Hmm, perhaps I'll blow this joint and drop in.

Peteykins said...

It's hard for me to say, Coppertop, because Linda Cropp would be the business-as-usual candidate, but she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders. I fear that she would be "Willams II", but hope for better.

Fenty? It's easy to like him because he hasn't done anything stupid, but it's hard to get excited about him because he hasn't done anything... well, he hasn't done anything at all.