Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Let Them Eat Jean Schmidt



Oh, oh, some wacky Ohio anti-tax crusaders aren't very fond of Sparklefave Jean Schmidt:



And Jean's not very fond of them either.

It's truly impossible to pick sides on this one. On the one hand you've got one of those Grover Norquist-type groups, and on the other hand... well, on the other hand you've got Jean Schmidt. So it's Republicans vs. Republicans. Everybody wins!

Some thoughts from COAST chief Tom Brinkman on La Belle Schmidt:
Today I received in my home mail a four page, four color mailer from "Jean" at taxpayers expense. It is clearly promoting herself for re-election.

The depths this woman will go to promote herself are uncharted. She is shameless and continues to embarrass. She will lie, back stab and besmirch anyone who gets in her way. Shakespeare's Richard III has nothing on "Jean".

Nevertheless, she is on my prayer list. I pray for her everyday.
You pray for her everyday? Is that kinda like how Fox News wishes people "well"? Oh, you go, Mr. Brinkman! We love it when the GOP devour their own!

UPDATE: This story is just so good! Here's the best article, from the Cincinnati Enquirer, with by far my favorite quote, maybe my favorite quote of the whole year:
"They had a great time pretending to cut off my head."
Heck, who wouldn't? And as you can see in the second photo, she's totally right! Jean Schmidt: Life of the Party™.

7 comments:

samael7 said...

I admit it. I can't picture Jeanne anymore without imagining her colored green. Green Jeanne.

No, really, it's a good look for her. It's so natural.

That picture on the cake makes her look like she just ate a munchkin. Either the Dunkin' Donuts kind or the other kind. Doesn't really matter.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I wonder if the cake tasted like toast, since her career has that flavor.

Unknown said...

poor Jean..she's such a haggy-looking thing on that cake.

Fox is such a wonderful bunch of folks..in a "deliverance" type of way.

Montserrat Nicolás said...

Miss Pony, you are on Wonkette. Comments?

Anonymous said...

Monserrat -- I would imagine that Princess Sparkle Pony would not be prancing around Wonkette now that the Wonkette herself has left and the site is being run by Eric Pfeiffer, a right-wing hack whose last job was at National Review Online (where they wouldn't even let him play in the Korner).

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Republicans vs. Republicans is my favorite cake. I think I'll go out and Dubai some right now.

samael7 said...

Yay! We're back to Condilicious coverage!

But lest we let former Sparklepony Glittering Starz(TM) winkle too far out of the pink limelight, I just had to mention that Jeanne Scmidt was, like, totally called a liar.