Saturday, July 16, 2005

Dick Cheney Succumbs to Language Virus

Regular Pony Pals™ know that I like to track language viruses in the media and blogosphere, such as the recent assertions that the National Zoo's baby panda is the size of a stick of butter.



Well, one recent case that really makes me cringe is when people say, "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little." If you don't believe me, check the Google results, and be amazed at just how widespread it is. Where did this unpleasant catch phrase come from?*

In any event, it seems to be literally what Dick Cheney's been doing lately.

*EDIT: Now I know. It comes from the movie Dodgeball. Thanks, Prozac Please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assertations??

Peteykins said...

Good catch... I mean, I don't know what you're talking about! ;)