Friday, June 03, 2005

Shopping Cart Round-Up

I'll state again that the existence of Christian and/or conservative web sites so bizarre that one can't tell whether they are parodies or real says more about the nuttiness of today's extremists than about the skill of web parodists.



Let's start with the obvious parody, but presented with fantastic drollery: "Forget Me Not" panties, which supposedly carry "sensor chips" which enable men to track their potentially wayward spouses, girlfriends or daughters. I especially love the testimonial page. An excerpt:
When my daughter hit puberty I nearly had a heart attack. She started looking like a woman and suddenly she was wearing revealing clothing and staying out late with her friends.

Rather than become an over-protective parent , I decided to try forget-me-not panties™
Next up, and much weirder, we have In-Souls, best described as God's Odor Eaters:



That's right! You, too, can trample the words of Jesus 24 hours a day! But are they real, or is this another hilarious parody? True, there's a suspicious inability to order the In-Souls online, but this one is wacky enough to possibly be genuine.

No comments: