Friday, April 15, 2005

Language Virus In The Blogosphere

Has anybody else noticed this? There's an annoying new catch-phrase being used everywhere on the web these days, and especially on blogs. The phrase is "not so much", and it's used this way:
"Condoleezza Rice's hairdo has received incredible scrutiny from liberal satirical blogs lately. Her policies? Not so much."
I'm sorry, but this annoying sentence fragment has got to go. Examples here, here, here, here, here, here.

Does anybody know where this trendy, overused phrasing comes from?

EDIT: Aha! A lump of sugar and a new tube of hoof glitter to Pretty Princess Tori for telling me that it comes from Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. I don't have cable, but I should have known it came from TV. Silly me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if he originated it, but Jon Stewart has said it in almost every episode of the Daily Show for the past 7 months or so.

PS The Daily Show rocks! One of my favorite lines recently, Re: Shaivo "Soooooo if you've ever wondered just how sick you have to be before congress decides to do something about your healthcare..."

onlineguy said...

A new tube of hoof glitter? I think you've been spending too much time downwind from the glue factory!